Our client is looking for enthusiastic big data engineers that are prepared to help design and implement cutting edge bidding algorithms. Candidate big data engineers want to make an impact, love solving complex problems, and like to have fun while doing so.
What you’ll be doing…
- Apply your expertise to research and develop state-of-the-art predictive models and optimization algorithms for ad targeting and bidding on numerous impression opportunities each day.
- Working with a small enthusiastic team of engineers and scientists to improve bidding algorithms
What you’ll need to get it done…
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science / Mathematics / Physics / Statistics or proven industrial experience in developing algorithms in one or more of the following fields: machine learning, data mining, information retrieval, natural language processing
- Experience in extracting knowledge from vast quantities of complex data
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable implementing production-ready systems that run 24/7
Not required, but nice-to-have…
- Experience in software development in the industry, preferably in Java and/or Scala
- Published works such as in an academic journal
- Familiarity with Big Data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Experience with behavioral targeting and online advertising / marketing
- Experience in R, scikit-learn, SAS, and/or Weka a plus
- Startup experience